Thursday, January 6, 2011

Focus and Resolve

I’ve resolved to take my contact lenses out every night. I know, it’s a bit mundane but it’s probably a good idea! They say it takes 21 days to break a habit – my habit being that I like to get ready for bed and leave my contact lenses in thinking that I’ll take them out just before I want to go to sleep. It doesn’t ever happen so this just has to stop. I hate going to bed with my glasses on; undoubtedly I wake up at 4 a.m. with them still on (sideways). This is just one example of my need to try to fit more into one day than what is healthy or possible.

Although I know that taking my lenses out is important (you know, so I don’t go blind!), I’ve tried to come up with something a bit more meaningful that I can incorporate into the contact lens goal – maybe something with sight. Maybe foresight…maybe vision.

I am a rather flighty and spastic person that pretends or appears to be calm and collected to the untrained eye. With this, what I like to call skill, comes a new hobby every month. People that kind of know me call me a Renaissance woman but people that really know me just think that I’m interesting…in a “What on earth are you up to now!” kind of way.

Now that I’m going to be 30 (next week!), I think that I should tone down my new hobbies and hone in on the ones that I’m really passionate about. I need to come up with a vision for the next 30 years.

I’m getting rid of almost everything. Less stuff equals less to polish, less to think about, less to move around. This goes for physical and mental things.

The garden is going to be well planned but have less “stuff”. Heck, maybe I don’t need 75 varieties of tomatoes this year! Let’s make some room for something a bit more interesting like perhaps a flower garden area.

My apartment is not going to be cluttered with crates of seedlings for months on end this year and maybe Charlee will be donating some of her toys to a nearby animal shelter.

I’ve really wanted to buy a keyboard so I can start playing the piano again but as you know I’ve resolved to not start another hobby. So, you can see this is taking some restraint. I’m only mentioning the keyboard because I’m not giving up many of my hobbies. By mentioning it, it’s a way to prove that I’m making changes! I’m only adding one new project for 2011 and that will be Chicken Rearing! : )

My vision is to “focus like a laser” in 2011. But I’m mean focus like one solitary laser, a steady one, like maybe the kind that would perform Lasik surgery.

Do you have a goal for this year? You should!

Dapnne

No comments:

Post a Comment