Friday, May 7, 2010

Blue, coral, green and salubrious light

The coastal winds furiously blew into the valley for the last few days. The fresh breeze went sour after I noticed the dust and pollens wafting through the air. I don’t have allergies but even I was affected. Last night the wind slowed, slowed and finally slithered away.
While walking to work today I realized that today is just one of those special gifts you get every once in a while. Granted, I have a very nice walk to work but the large and beautifully landscaped park doesn’t always seem this glorious.

The air was perfectly still but clean and fresh, the sky so clear that your eyes have a hard time seeing how deep the blue goes, the new spring leaves and blades of grass had perfect little dew drops placed on each one, the rose garden full of fragrance and the light hit each bloom transforming each blossom into a glowing globe. The park was quite this morning; everyone seemed to be taking their time meandering through today.

What we do does make a difference in not only the way that we feel but through our gardens we can create that fresh and peaceful space that positively affects others in our community.

I’m feeling inspired to start my garden tomorrow.

Have a great Friday everyone!

Daphne

No comments:

Post a Comment