Friday, May 14, 2010

Let's try this again!

Tomorrow is the big planting day and I'm both excited and nervous. This week has been dramatically diverse weather-wise. Monday it was snowing in the hills and close to freezing at night in the valley and today it's in the 80's. My poor seedlings. I've heard they are doing well though. I called my mom on Tuesday to ask her if they made it through the night - she poked her head out the door and said in an excited voice, "Yeah, it looks like most everyone is ok!!" I screamed, "What! What do you mean, MOST?" She said, "Well there could be somebody out there that died. But I can't tell from here." Agonizing! She didn't understand that these are my new pets...

It's been so strange not having them at home with me. I was so used to moving them around each day and watering them with my water bottle...chasing Charlee away from them so that she wouldn't stomp or chew on them. On the bright side, I suppose it's been very freeing not having them at home with me.
Tomorrow I'm setting my plan into action. I'll have a new garden map drawn up and some more pictures.

I hope it's bright and sunny where you are and all of your garden plants are eating it up!

Daphne

No comments:

Post a Comment