Thursday, August 12, 2010

A chapter has closed

I've turned a leaf and it’s over. Here is my resignation letter that I've submitted to my fellow executive officers and the editor of the newsletter:


####
Due to increased responsibilities in my day-to-day life as well as the desire to remove myself from a hostile situation, please accept my resignation as vice president as of today.

I’ve left the board and membership in good shape for the rest of the year. With this association, I simply got myself involved in something I have no interest in entertaining. I wish you all success in whatever your desires for the association are. I have met a few good people through my time here and my thanks go out to those of you that showed me kindness.

If you wish to continue with what I’ve set in place, here is the speaker line-up for the rest of the year:

  • George will present next week at the August meeting.
  • Kim will speak in September in regards to overwintering hives. Further contact needs to be made with him to get the specifics in order. I would recommend doing this soon.
  • Annette has agreed to speak at the October meeting. Her contact information is on the membership list but she is on vacation for the next two weeks.
  • November’s meeting is an open forum Swap ‘n Sell/Gadget Night which I’ve already promoted in the newsletter.
Kathy, if you could please remove my name as the contact person on any of the calendar events, I would really appreciate it.
If there are further questions relating to any of the things I’ve worked on as vice president or acting vice president, please feel free to contact me via email.
Sincerely,
Daphne
####


I sent this after there was a literal physical altercation between two board members at the IHOP. Ridiculous I know. It got too crazy and tempers were too high. There becomes a point when you have to ask yourself, "For what?" I couldn't find any good reason.
I think my adverse reaction was based on the timing as well. I had just gotten back from a 5 day backpacking trip which as absolutely amazing. We went to this little known cabin that was built in the 1920's or 30's by a hermit. It takes 2 days to get to and there is no trail. What this guy did was incredible and he did it all by himself - no mule, no equipment, nothing. He brought in pieces of a cast iron stove piece by piece to assemble. Each time he went to town it took him 2-4 days and it is a dangerous canyon to hike in and out of. Anyway, I guess my point is that my perspective on what's important made me have zero tolerance for people being nasty just because they were bored. It's known that this hermit made friends with anyone that treated him with respect and he was fighting for his survival every single day in that inhospitable and desolate canyon. (maybe I can post some pictures tonight if time allows)
As for the garden, it is actually on its way out or at least this phase is. It's still in full production but some of the plants are starting to die back. I've pulled out all of the potato plants to plant new ones, and there are a few other things that got yanked to reveal a naked bed. My tomatoes are just starting to turn and I can't wait to taste them. I'm going to plant some seeds for the fall this weekend.

Kittens are doing great and getting bigger and more playful everyday. They have their six week appointment this Saturday!

Daphne

No comments:

Post a Comment